Day 1 – our server flagged up that a client’s account was trying to send out thousands of emails from the server. Someone was attempting to hack the website! We have safeguards in place to stop these emails and server support had the emails removed and the main website password updated.

Day 2 – again our server flagged up the same issue with more than 7000 emails in the queue. The bad guys were trying to hack it again! This time we dug deeper and found a WordPress plugin that had been hacked. We removed it and used our server back-up to restore the website pre-hack. Then we updated the WordPress version, plugins and added new security plugins and changed the password again, thus making the website more secure.

We were able to take care of this for the client because we have over 18 years of experience and expertise and that means value for money!

Share This