We all understand the significance of a strong first impression. What kind of impression is your business’s website making on your clients? Websites drive business, introduce your services or products to potential customers, and present a major marketing opportunity on even the tightest budget. They connect you with your customers on a 24/7 basis. If you’re not sure that your website is doing the best job possible, speak to us about how we can help. Find out more...
If your business website’s traffic is low, there are steps you can take to boost those figures. Abacus Web Services offer tailored SEO and PPC campaigns that will find your market, target them with specific digital marketing, and make sure they land on your website. We can offer you with limited start-up costs, no overpriced monthly contracts and a free proposal discussion with no strings attached. Perfect for a new business on a budget. Find out more...
If your website incorporates an online shopping option for your customers then smooth and intuitive e-commerce features are an absolute must-have for your business. This is a tough feature to incorporate without expert guidance. Fortunately, Abacus Web Services has years of experience creating sophisticated but simple e-commerce solutions that will transform your website into a more profitable space. Find out more...
Abacus Web Services – David and Fern Grace
Abacus Web Services was established in 1999 with big ambitions. We decided to pursue our passion of giving clients great-quality, value-for-money, professionally designed websites that boost their brand and improved their business prospects. Times have certainly changed since then, but we have consistently evolved to design and implement web-based solutions for a vast range of business needs.
Our focus at Abacus Web Services is on serving our individual clients’ needs with a specialized one-on-one experience that ensures each and every client feels valued. This personal touch is how we can establish a strong understanding of every individual client’s business needs, and tailor our services and packages to suit their goals. We pride ourselves on attention to detail and a focused approach to the fast-paced, constantly changing web economy.
As a business, we value the importance of giving back to the community, both locally and on a global scale. For every referral that leads to a new client for us, we make a donation “loan” through an organization called Kiva. We are then able to choose the recipient, either here in the United States or in another country, and use the money to assist them in some way, whether it’s providing food, health, education, or a range of other important services. We are delighted to use our success here at Abacus Web Services to help others make their ambitions a reality.
- David was born in Scotland but now lives in the USA with his wife, Fern Grace. They have one wonderful daughter together.
- David began his career working for 18 years as the co-owner of a wholesale electronics company in Glasgow, Scotland, where he gained a wealth of business knowledge, particularly concerning strong customer service values.
- He is a member of several local groups, including the Manatee Chamber of Commerce (Small Business of the Year Finalist in 2003/2006/201), Manatee Chamber Round Table, Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance, Suncoast Technology Forum, and the Manatee Chamber Technology Group.
- He is a past president of Lakewood Ranch Business Leaders and a charter member of Lakewood Ranch Rotary AM, serving as treasurer in the past.
- Originally from Maryland, Fern lived in Scotland with David for several years before settling down in Florida.
- Fern learned about the significance of strong client relationships in her early career experiences in retail and Human Resources.
- Fern’s move into the world of technology started with teaching computer skills to elementary school students. After realizing that she had a knack for this emerging industry, she joined David at Abacus Web Services as a full-time co-owner.
- She is a member of several business networking groups, including SWAT Networking, the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance, Women with Class, BNI, and others.
- She was nominated for the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance Sandie Award for ‘Networking Queen’ in both 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- In 2017 Fern was awarded the Sandie Award for Best Rancher at the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance.
David and Fern are passionate about giving back to the community through charitable service. David is a volunteer for the STEP teenage engagement program and is a mentor with the Education Foundation of Sarasota County. He also donates time and services to the Morning Star Children’s Home in Peru, Kelly’s Guam, Chabad of Bradenton/Lakewood Ranch, and as a member of Holocaust Awareness charities like the Holocaust Speaker’s Bureau and Generations After. Fern volunteers at the Visible Men Academy and in the past has volunteered with Girls Inc., and the American Cancer Society.
They also provided micro loans to small entrepreneurs nationally and globally in areas of health care, education and technology through an organization called Kiva.
We are very proud members of: